I never thought I would end up in a situation where I’d decide to take up blogging again, figure out my primary focus (travel), and worldwide borders would shut down and folks would end up cooped up in their homes for weeks or maybe even months.
Yet here we are.
Between stories of past travels and hopes of future ones, thoughts of a stylish outside world, and favourite accessories for normal life, I’m taking the opportunity to write about all things that can be done from the comfort of our own homes.
First topic – skincare. No better time than the present to take a break from cosmetics and focus on the stuff that cleanses, heals, and soothes my face.
Here is the routine I follow whether I’m stuck at home or on the road:
Daily Routine –
- Cleanse with Caudalie’s foaming cleanser
- Combat those crow’s feet with an eye cream; Caudalie’s Vine[activ] eye cream
- Glow up with either Vinoperfect Radiance Serum or Vine[Activ] Anti-Wrinkle Serum from Caudalie
- Moisturize using L’Occitane’s 5% Shea Butter Face Cream
- Refresh with Caudalie’s Beauty Elixir
- Caudalie’s instant detox mask – to be used on a clean face
- Pimple/breakout care with The Ordinary’s Salicylic Acid mask
- Exfoliate with Origins Scrub Cleanser
- Fight old age with The Ordinary’s Retinol Serum
Though being forced to stay in one place pretty much sucks (no nice way to put it), it gives the opportunity to refocus on yourself and give yourself a bit of TLC – including skincare. I tend to skip some of these steps in the hustle and bustle of daily life, but being at home all the time allows me to take more time for myself.
What are your favourite skincare products? Have you tried any of the above? Comment below!